Christmas From a Child's Point of View (Family)

It’s Christmas time again, far out!
I wonder what I’ll get?
Ole Santa said don’t cry, don’t pout,
I haven’t done it yet.

But just how closely does he see
The things I say and do?
Sometimes I’m mean and I can be
A little ornery too.

Sometimes I’m sneaky too because
On Christmas eve real late
I’d plan to spy on Santa Claus
But couldn’t stay awake.

On second thought, I’m not so sure
Ole Santa, I can trust;
He just might think I’m not so pure
And make Christmas a bust!

O well, there’s no need for a frown
And there’s no need to fret
‘Cause Mom and Dad won’t let me down
I’ll have a Christmas yet!

I gave my list to Mom and Dad
And set my goals real high.
If I get half I’ll still be glad----
Can’t say I didn’t try.

I wonder, would it be O.K.
For me to share a toy
With someone born on Christmas day;
With Mary’s baby boy?