A Wedding Song (Pocahantas sings to John Rolf at their wedding)- History

Here I am, dancing in the night; your love has made me giddy as a girl
It’s too late, no need for me to fight, for love has come to me across the world

Here I am, but what am I to do? My feelings, they are running to and fro.
Since I gave my loving heart to you, I sing for joy for now true love I know.

Refrain:
This is my wedding song to you, my love,
And the Great Spirit smiles upon us here.
With body, soul and mind
I think that you will find
That I do love you, have no fear.

Here you are, sitting, watching me with devotion and with heart-felt love.
To all here, it’s very plain to see; my spirit soars on wings just like a dove.

Here I dance, and though I know they’re here, our people are like spirits in the night.
I see you, and only you, my dear; your face a-glowing in the pale moon light.
(Back to refrain)